Staging is one of the most important aspects in selling your home because you never get a second chance to make a good first impression. You want your buyers to see the very best your home has to offer and this is where staging comes into play.
Below are some examples to staging your home accordingly:
- Lawn & Garden: mow, trim, weed, clean away any dead foliage
- Extra vehicles: remove from curb view
- Clean windows and sills
- Keep walks and driveways clear of snow and debris
- Repair doors and windows, screens and hardware
- Fix or paint siding and fencing as needed
- Dynamize by adding large planter, wreath or new door mat at entrance
- Add potted flowers to deck
- Add new number or brass door fixture. Paint front door
- Tidy and organize. Make sure door opener works
- Sweep floors, clean grease spots, store garden tools
Bathrooms & Kitchen
- Tidy counters, clear extra appliances, accessories,etc.
- Clean out cupboards, medicine cabinets. Pack extras away
- Clean cupboards inside and out
- Check light switches and fixtures
- Clean away any mildew in shower or around tub
- Clean and deodorize garbage areas.
- Repair faucets, toilets or any leaking or dripping taps.
- Fix grout and caulking as needed.
- Patch & paint wall and ceiling cracks.
- Add green or flowering plants
- Add scented soaps or potpourri
Living Room, Bedrooms and Hallways
- Keep hallways and foyers clear of obstacles
- Put all unnecessary or out-of-season coats, boots etc. away
- Re-arrange furniture for openness
- Straighten bookshelves
- Clear and polish coffee tables
- Tidy play areas; arrange children’s bedrooms to look fun and inviting
- Repair ceiling and wall cracks
- Clean fireplace. Arrange for fire to be lit during showings
- Arrange fresh flowers, potpourri, etc. around the room
- Put linens on table, perhaps place a setting on dining room table